Free dating sites calgary alberta online dating ukraine sitesi hakknda
Brisebois, it was renamed Fort Calgary in 1876 by Colonel James Macleod.
When the Canadian Pacific Railway reached the area in 1883, and a rail station was constructed, Calgary began to grow into an important commercial and agricultural centre.
Over a century later, the Canadian Pacific Railway headquarters moved to Calgary from Montreal in 1996.) for one cent per acre per year).
Already a transportation and distribution hub, Calgary quickly became the centre of Canada's cattle marketing and meatpacking industries.
By the late 19th century, the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) expanded into the interior and established posts along rivers that later developed into the modern cities of Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton.
In 1884, the HBC established a sales shop in Calgary.
The HBC also built the first of the grand "original six" department stores in Calgary in 1913, the others that followed are Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
but it did not become a significant industry in the province until 1947 when reserves of it were discovered near Leduc.